There are times in everyone’s life when a little extra support is needed. Catholic Family Service (CFS) helps people deal with a full range of life events from coping with daily pressures – like job loss or relationship problems – to addressing mental health issues and breaking intergenerational cycles of abuse.
If you are feeling confused, overwhelmed or uncertain, we can help you. Our counselling services are for individuals, couples and families. We work from a variety of research and trauma informed approaches, and always hold ourselves accountable to you and to your feedback.
At CFS, we don’t manage people or prescribe solutions. We listen – with compassion. When people feel accepted, safe and understood, that’s when things start to change – for the better. We believe that everyone, regardless of financial capacity, should have access to professional, effective and efficient clinical treatment. Our Engagement Team ensures that anyone who reaches out to us will receive support either in person or over the phone – within one business day – guaranteed.
- Everyone is welcome – we serve people of all ages, faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
- Pay what you can – no one is turned away because of finances. You determine what you can afford to pay.
- We offer you something of value in our first conversation.
- Our Engagement Team will work with you to find the help you need: a referral, link to online resources, registration in one of our groups, or booking a single session or the eight session counselling program.
- Our counsellors work with individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents concerning a wide variety of life issues.
- Language matters – we have counsellors who speak English, Farsi, Spanish and German.
- We respect you – we take confidentiality seriously and respect your right to privacy.
- Everyone is unique – we offer customized treatment to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Counselling is offered at our downtown office and by technology.
The pathway to wellness, healing and health is just a phone call away.
You can reach our Engagement Team at 403-233-2360 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
250, 707 – 10 Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2R 0B3
Main Office Hours
Monday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
FOR IMMEDIATE CRISIS COUNSELLING OR AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES, contact the Calgary Distress Centre 24 hour Crisis Line at (403) 266-HELP (4357).