Catholic Family Service’s Parent Child Learning Centre at Louise Dean Centre is excited to have been named one of 22 Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Centres across Alberta.
To be selected as an Early Learning and Child Care Centre, we were tasked with making improvements that go above and beyond other child care programs. Our program uses an evidence-based child care curriculum framework.* This program was developed by early learning and child care educators, early childhood academics, government, and professionals working in related fields. It is designed to foster improved early childhood development outcomes so children can get the best possible start to life.
Starting May 1, 2017, we will also offer:
- 60 child care spaces,
- Capped parent fees at $25/day care,
- Inclusive supports for children with diverse needs,
- Child care hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30) for parents who attend school and extended evening hours to accommodate evening group programs as needed.
- Co-location with Louise Dean Centre offering high school completion, health and social supports for pregnant and parenting youth, their children and families.
The Parent Child Learning Centre is one component of the wrap-around services offered to young moms at Louise Dean Centre. Our childcare spaces are only available for the high school students attending programs at Louise Dean Centre.
Links and resources:
- Early Learning and Child Care Centre grant recipients and fact sheet
- Child care in Alberta
- Child Care subsidies
If you have questions about Alberta’s new Early Learning and Child Care Centres, please contact: ELCC@gov.ab.ca.
* Play, Participation, and Possibilities: An Early Learning and Child Care Curriculum Framework for Alberta by Makovichuk,L., Hewes, J., Lirette, P., & Thomas, N., is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Based on the work found at www.childcareframework.com