The Unlocking Potential Foundation is one of 156 Alberta charities participating in Birdies for Kids, a fundraising program linked to the Shaw Charity Classic, an annual PGA Tour Champions event held in Calgary.
While professional golfers among the likes of Sir Nick Faldo, Jose Maria Olazabal, Stephen Ames and Rod Spittle prepare to tear up the links August 30 – September 3, charities are eager to benefit from a generous matching program offered by the tournament through Birdies for Kids.
We are thrilled to be part of this fundraiser because all administrative costs – website administration, credit card fees, promotional materials and invoicing – are covered by Shaw Charity Classic. This means that 100% of all donated funds raised for Birdies for Kids will go directly to the Louise Dean Centre through the UP Foundation.
The most exciting part of Birdies for Kids is the matching pool. For every generous contribution, up to 50% will be matched by the Calgary Shaw Charity Classic Foundation.
Catholic Family Service staff members have already stepped up to the Birdies for Kids challenge, hosting putting contests, reverse bottle drives, “Birdies Bingo” and other fundraising activities throughout the summer to take advantage of this amazing matching opportunity.
We are very pleased to announce that NuVista Energy will raise funds at their July 13 Stampede Breakfast for Birdies for Kids and the UP Foundation. Thank you NuVista!
If you would like to include Birdies for Kids in your summer plans, there are two ways you can help:
- Host an event on behalf of the UP Foundation and donate event proceeds (admission, pledges, raffles, etc.) to Birdies for Kids.
- Ask your friends and family members to support Birdies for Kids by donating directly at this link: https://shawcharityclassic.com/donate/upfoundation/.
There is no limit to creativity when brainstorming ideas for your Birdies for Kids event. Here are a few ideas to help the brainstorming begin!
- Afternoon Tea Party: Bake some goodies, brew some tea, and invite your friends, family and coworkers over. Charge everyone a fee for participating or invite pledges.
- House Concert: Reach out to your musical friends. Have guests make a donation to attend your house concert.
- Garage Sale: Looking for a great way to get rid of that clutter? Gather items you don’t use anymore, hold a garage sale and donate the proceeds.
- Chili Cook Off: Recruit your friends, family or co-workers to make their famous chili. Have guests make a donation to taste the different types of chili and donate the proceeds.
- Instead of Gifts Party: Are you celebrating a birthday, anniversary or baby shower? Instead of gifts, invite your guests to make a donation.
We have developed a Third Party Event Toolkit that provides all the information you need to know to plan a Birdies for Kids event on behalf of the Unlocking Potential Foundation this summer.
On behalf of the teen parents at Louise Dean Centre, thank you for supporting Birdies for Kids!
The Unlocking Potential (UP) Foundation is the fundraising arm of Catholic Family Service of Calgary. UP connects the giving hearts in our community with high-impact programs that are building strong families. For more information about UP or Birdies for Kids, please contact Patricia Jones, CEO UP Foundation, 403.205.5200, email@example.com.
The Louise Dean Centre is a partnership between Catholic Family Service, Calgary Board of Education and Alberta Health Services that provides pregnant and parenting teens, their children and families with educational and health care support, and helps them deal with the emotional and social needs that come with pregnancy and parenting.