By Patricia Jones, CEO, Catholic Family Service
Earlier this year, we unveiled the most ambitious and comprehensive Strategic Plan in the history of Catholic Family Service. We have a clear purpose, bold ambitions, and a strategic intent to become better in all that we do. And what do we do, exactly? We build strong families.
Early in the Strategic Plan implementation process, it became clear that additional resources were needed to successfully achieve our Strategic Plan, and a new organizational structure quickly became a priority project. We examined the accountabilities and responsibilities of leadership roles within the organization and made adjustments to ensure clarity, efficiency, and appropriate leadership capacity – resulting in a new organizational structure for Catholic Family Service.
This new structure was unveiled to staff on November 7, and I am pleased to share these highlights with our partners and supporters:
- The current Director of Operations role will be replaced with two Senior Directors.
- As our people are our most important asset, and we have grown to nearly 100 staff, HR support to the agency will increase through the addition of an HR Coordinator.
- A new leadership committee structure will be implemented to promote integration and efficiency across the agency while also helping to reduce silos.
I am also very excited to announce the following appointments, beginning January 1:
- Byron Chan, Managing Director of Community Services, to Senior Director, Strategy and Development
- Jessica Williams, Managing Director of Stakeholder Relations, to Senior Director, Programs and Services
I extend my gratitude to Holly Charles, Director of Operations, for beginning her “retirement” with an interim position as Director, Louise Dean Centre. Holly’s experience with Louise Dean Centre will ensure our services and relationships there remain strong while the transition to a new Director is completed.
As we begin to implement the new structure, I am acutely aware of the remarkable commitment, talent, and compassion of our staff. It is this incredibly skilled group of people who are already taking our Strategic Plan from paper to reality. Each and every role at CFS is critical to building strong families. I could not be prouder of who we are and what we do.
I am happy to answer your questions about our Strategic Plan, the implementation process, and the new structure. Please contact me at 403-205-5200 or email@example.com