“It takes funding support to make a difference in the lives of people who face barriers to success. What is even more important? Being there to personally encourage and show support!” – Rotary Club of Calgary West
While the Rotary Club (top left) and the three companies pictured here – Aucerna, Bantrel and Suncor – support our clients financially through generous donations, their members and staff also take the time to participate in the programs that help Calgarians build strong families.
We are amazed by the many people who actually roll up their sleeves to help and encourage our clients. Thank you to the following organizations for providing the personal touch that has meant so much over the past few months:
- Aucerna staff for personally assembling “winning baskets” for the Families and Schools Together program, donating $3000 and volunteering this fall in our F&ST schools.
- Bantrel for dedicating their Day of Caring project to making a delicious lunch for Never Too Late students.
- CEL Electric for sponsoring Family Fun Nights at Louise Dean Centre (another one is coming up in February!) and sending an enthusiastic staff contingent every time.
- Fluor Canada for donating diapers, toques and clothing for infants and toddlers attending the Parent-Child Learning Centre at Louise Dean Centre.
- ICE NGX for supporting the Never Too Late program by providing backpacks and learning materials for students and contributing generously to their graduation ceremonies.
- Paramount Resources Ltd. for preparing backpacks for our Never Too Late students this fall, then responding to an online call for support and making a significant donation to the Santa Sleigh Project at Louise Dean Centre.
- Solvera Solutions for serving graduation dinners and providing scholarships for Never Too Late students in Bowness.
- Suncor for cleaning cribs, strollers, toys and windows at Louise Dean Centre, donating gift cards and wellness items for our counselling clients, and providing a delicious meal for the Bowness Never Too Late family celebration.
- Rotary Club of Calgary West for providing scholarships and preparing a special meal for the graduation ceremony of the Never Too Late program in Greater Forest Lawn.
- RBC for giving the playground at Louise Dean Centre a good fall cleaning!
The Unlocking Potential (UP) Foundation is the fundraising arm of Catholic Family Service of Calgary. UP ensures the sustainability of innovative programs that build strong families. For more information, please contact Jessica Williams, Senior Director, Programs and Services at 403.205.5222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.