When a child becomes a victim of sexual abuse, the damaging ripple effects extend well beyond the child to include their entire family. At Catholic Family Service, our Family and Youth Sexual Abuse Treatment program (FYSAP) involves the whole family through a combination of individual, group and family treatment.
Our practice is guided by the following principles:
- The protection of the child is the first priority.
- Cessation of abuse is the primary treatment goal.
- Empowerment of the victim is central to the program’s success.
- Ensuring attachment to primary caregivers is an important part of treatment, as well as assessing for developmental delays and/or arrests.
- Addressing cultural, historical, political and family context within which the abuse occurred.
Clients are referred by Calgary & Area Child and Family Services.
For more information, please contact Sarah Rosenfeld at 403-205-5209, email@example.com
250, 707 – 10 Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2R 0B3
Main Office Hours
Monday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM