Catholic Family Service offers opportunities for people living in Calgary to receive feedback, experiment with new behaviours, and experience the value of community in safe, sensitive environments. In keeping with our philosophy of Humanity Above All Else, we are committed to ensuring that clients will be treated with respect and caring in all our groups. We partner with schools, parishes and communities across Calgary in order to provide distinct learning opportunities for:
- Groups of adults
- Educational Family Services for community groups (by request)
Catholic Family Service offers these Group Learning Opportunities:
The Social Smarts Academy
- A new group learning opportunity for children
- To find out more and/or to register, please call 403.233.2360.
- An eight-week group program for adults who are coping with depression and/or anxiety.
- A practical and informative program, it comes with an easy-to-follow workbook and provides participants with research-based instructions to help them develop problem-solving and lifestyle management skills.
- A group open to both men and women, offered over an estimated nine (9) consecutive weeks at various times throughout the year.
- It provides group members with the opportunity to learn how self-esteem develops and the role and impact it has in their lives.
- Topics covered include recognizing values and strengths, setting boundaries and being assertive, and identifying and challenging negative self talk.
- Group members will learn how to improve their self-esteem, in part by exploring their strengths and developing their potential.
Anxiety and Depression
- An open-ended group that accepts new members monthly and offers four sessions that focus on understanding anxiety and depression, and learning strategies for managing and treating these symptoms.
- Participants will be able to identify ongoing self-care approaches that can reduce or eliminate the person’s struggles with anxiety and depression.